In need of a valid iD? A Postal ID is an easy way to have one! We give you a detailed explanation of what you need when you apply for it!
|Table of Contents|
|How to get Postal ID: Step-by-Step|
|Where to get Postal ID?|
|How much is Postal ID fee?|
|Postal ID Requirements|
How to get Postal ID: Step-by-Step
1. Fill out a Postal ID application form
Have at least two copies of the Postal ID application form ready. If you don’t have access to a printer, you can get one at the nearest post office.
2. Submit requirements to the nearest Post Office
You can find the requirements below. Once you submit the requirements and pay the processing fee of 504 pesos, you will verify your complete personal information and have your photo taken for the ID.
3. Wait for your Postal ID to be delivered
Once you’re done with providing your information data and have your photo taken, all you have to do is to wait it to be delivered.
- Metro Manila – Within 10 to 15 working days
- Outside Metro Manila (Provinces) – Approximately 4 to 5 weeks
Where to get Postal ID?
You can get your Postal ID at any post office near you. We provided a handy map below that shows you all the available post offices in the Philippines.
How much is Postal ID fee?
The fee is 504 pesos, and 650 pesos for rush processing.
Postal ID Requirements
- Two (2) copies of Postal ID Application Form
- Proof of Identity – Submit one of the following:
- NSO (or PSA) Birth Certificate
- SSS UMID
- GSIS Card
- Driver’s License
- Proof Address – Any of the following:
- Utility bill (Cable, Electricity, Internet, Landline, Telephone, Water)
- School billing statement
- Credit card statement
- Bank statement
- Certified True Copy of Lease
- Certified True Copy of Real Estate Tax Receipt
- Certified True Copy of Titles issued by the Land Registration Authority (LRA)
NOTE: If you don’t have any of the Proof of Identity listed above, you will need to submit 2 of the following, with at least one bearing your photo and signature:
- College or Post-Graduate Transcript of Records
- Elementary or High School Form 137
- College ID
- NBI Clearance
- Police Clearance
- Pag-IBIG ID
- PhilHealth ID
- Tax Identification Number (TIN) Card
- BIR ID
- Baptismal Certificate
- Confirmation Certificate
- Marriage Certificate
- Alumni ID
- Company ID
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines (IBP) ID
- OWWA ID
- PRC ID
- Seaman’s Book
- Senior Citizen ID
- Voter’s ID
Speaking from experience, it only took me 1 hour to process mine, and it was straightforward as I filled out the application form in advance. My advice is to do the same as well!
Was this post helpful? Have any questions? Let me know in the comments if you need help!Facebook Twitter